Various factors may subject buildings to shock which continues in their structure and is perceived by the people living in them as noticeable vibrations or secondary airborne noise. Specifically in areas with a dense infrastructure, these are typically vibration emissions from above- or underground railway lines and from industrial plants.
Especially the high prices of land in conurbations also make locations next to railway lines attractive if the buildings there are sufficiently isolated against the attendant vibrations. The price advantage of acquiring land that is exposed to vibrations of this kind far exceeds the additional expenditures for the resilient bedding of buildings. The materials made of Regupol® and Regufoam® have been developed to isolate vibrations. Numerous building foundations have already been successfully isolated against vibration impact with Regupol® and Regufoam®.
With Regupol® and Regufoam® vibration isolation, BSW offers a total of 20 different materials.
Vibration remeasurements in completed projects have shown that vibration isolation with these materials was sometimes able to achieve better results than the required minimum value determined in the forecast.
The vibration isolation material Regupol® is composed of rubber fibres, rubber granulates (SBR, NBR) and polyurethanes, and Regufoam® is a mixed-cell polyurethane foam.
All the physical properties of the vibration-isolating products of BSW which the expert consultants require are sufficiently documented. Thanks to their different load ranges, various types of vibration isolation material can be used for different areas bearing different loads. Consequently, even demanding isolation jobs can be mastered.
The vibration isolation of buildings that is achieved with Regupol® and Regufoam® remains at a constantly high level for the long term. It has been possible to document the isolating effect of structures through control measurements after their completion and after ten years of use.
In cooperation with the expert consultants, BSW has also developed specifically designed types or modifications of material for particularly demanding projects.
- Full-surface foundation bedding
- Strip foundation bedding
- Pointed foundation bedding
- Vertical lateral vibration isolation
- Decoupling underneath the basement ceiling
- Vibration isolation of individual parts of buildings
- Room-in-room constructions
- Slotted walls in the transmission area between energy source and building
- Vibration isolation effect can be adjusted to the specific requirements
- Choice of two different vibration isolation product lines for the most economical and technically best solution possible
- Precisely definable tuning frequency thanks to individual material thicknesses